Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sweet Sleep

I'm over thinking that talking about it is going to curse it. I've moved on to a different point of view, which is that I will speak it out loud and often and I will will sleep into my life.

I am happy to report that sleep has been much better these days. Often only waking once in the night (outside of being sick that is - who could blame her). Maeve even peppered the last month with 3 (THREE) all-nighters. The first ever on record. It is amazing to wake in the morning and have had more than 2 hours of consecutive sleep. I'm over thinking she has stopped breathing. It's glorious. Anyone who tells you sleep deprivation is not a form of torture has clearly not experienced true deprivation.

I've been told over the last month that I'm looking good - that might have something to do with the additional 5 lbs I lost recently (I'll be breastfeeding well into Maeve's college years). Personally, I think it may be the lack of bags under my eyes! No one looks appealing with dark circles outlining their eyes.

So, off I go to bed tonight. I don't even care who wins the SuperBowl.

2 comments:

Helen S. said...

Yay! Yay! Hip hip hooray! Go Maevy!

Mimi Susan said...

Maybe the evil eyes are working!
Maeve is getting use to the webcam visits with the Healy clan. That is glorious too! For the record -
the New York Giants won the Super Bowl!! Hooray!! Megan - sorry about that. New York, New York!