Saturday, May 24, 2008

Gives another meaning to dropping the kids off at the pool

WARNING
Slightly disturbing material/images below:




Before I launch into the subject matter of today's post I'll catch you up on the last month. It has been a very busy month here at Maeve space - and Maeve hasn't been the only thing keeping us busy, but it certainly would be enough.

Maeve has had both sets of her grandparents out for a visit. I think all four left a little tired and simultaneously fulfilled with happiness and joy. Mark has been busy with his rowing season that just finished up last week - and very well I might add. His junior novice boat took 2nd at the Midwest Junior Championships. Go Mendota! I have been busy with births. I wish I could say that they have all been at home as intended, but I have had a run of complications - sent down from the midwifery gods no doubt, to verify that I have the constitution to make it as a midwife. I would like to say that I think I have passed the first of many tests. Of the three moms that I had to transfer into the hospital, only one had a c-section and that was for a stubborn gal that refused to turn head down. I should mention that all three transfers were girls. Not that I
needed more proof that girls are a challenge, after all I have lived with myself for the last 33 years.

That is it in a nutshell. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I can wrap up a month of our lives in a short paragraph like that. Oh well.

Apparently Maeve thought our lives needed a little spicing up, diaper changes more specifically. I came in after Maeve's nap (which sucked by the way - but who can complain, she slept through the night) and realized it was time for a diaper change. This is an event that has been taking place multiple times a day since 10/28/06. Sometimes we have surprises, she is soaked all the way through, including the sheets; or the wetness coming through the fleece pajamas is not pee, it's poop slowly seeping through. Mark had fun with that one. It was a undress in the tub kind o
f job and the poor girl had it down to her toes. But mostly it's more of the same ol', same ol'. Until today.

Not once during diaper changes have I found a reason to laugh hysterically then think to myself, you have to take a picture of this, today was different. #2 was the offender this afternoon.
The diaper service has a rule of thumb, if you can roll it you can flush it. So I went about my business taking the diaper off and setting it aside for a flush and getting a new diaper on. All is mundane in the world of diaper changing...until. I brought the diaper to the toilet for a flush and as I unpackaged it I found two little eyes starring back at me - a look of concern with the idea of a large flush and flume ride they would no doubt never forget.


I kid you not, I did not add these eyes after the fact. I'm just glad they came through. I have not found the poor little soul in the house that lost it's eyes to this endeavor either. I'm sure in time that will be revealed. Whomever it was, I sure hope they didn't look as concerned or angry as this little guy does. Or perhaps that is a smile.

I just laughed out loud for the longest time. I thought it was bit gauche to take a picture of poop, but who would really believe me? Come on. It is beyond me how they would manage to come up lined up as if indeed they were a pair of eyes looking at me. How could that happen? I wasn't about to pick through it to see if perhaps they were connected. I think it was just another amazing act of the human body.

As I said, gives new meaning to dropping the kids off at the pool!

1 comment:

Helen S. said...

oh.my.god. You know how people like to make little plush softies out of their kids' drawings? I think this one would make a great stuffed animal for the crib, no?