Wednesday, May 28, 2008

NO, no, NO, no

Despite our best efforts to avoid this word, it has seeped in. Over the weekend Maeve mastered the word 'no.' I know my dad is laughing right now, and I'm sure he is partly to blame for it. Just wait until she is at a sleep over with you and tells you no to something. Then who will be laughing...he, he, he.

The word no. SO filled with power. She does not always use it when you would expect, but she uses it frequently. For instance, jumping on our neighbor's bed with a stuffed Simba lion, she kept telling Simba, "no, NO, no, no, no." I'm was right there and didn't see Simba making any obvious offenses, but apparently there are things that I can not see.

She often uses it exactly as she has heard it as well. Silas: "no, Maze (Maeve), no." Maeve: "no, Maze, no." We hear her telling herself this a few times a day. Not sure if she is really making some internal corrections or not with this, but it's amusing the less.

Well, now that it is here, I'm sure it's going to stay. Mark and I will continue to use the word sparingly and for times that it is really needed (read: danger). Hoping with little attention it will loose it's spark and die out like a flame.

No comments: