Sunday, November 18, 2007

Growth

I think we may have found an explanation for the terrible few weeks of sleep we just had over the past month...Growth. Mark and I have both noticed that Maeve seems heavier and also perhaps a bit taller. This thought was confirmed when I put a pair of overalls on her yesterday, a pair that two weeks ago required a massive amount of rolling in order to prevent her from tripping. Yesterday, no rolling required. All I can think is that it must be painful to grow so much all at once. The phrase growing pains seems literal here.

Alas, we have found ourselves in a more restful sleep cycle. I feel renewed by having more than 2 hours at a time strung together. And while we still don't sleep through the night according to everyone else's definition, I can say that it feels like sleeping through the night to me.

No comments: