Thursday, November 29, 2007

Making a Guest Appearance

Speaking of getting out of the humdrum of day to day. Uncle Brendan and his girlfriend, Monica, made a guest appearance at Maeve Space. Brendan made a special request to hit the blog, little did he know that I would use it to get him to send the pictures that were taken over the weekend. Some very funny ones that I'll update the blog with once they are available.

Uncle Brendan drove out Mark's new car. A Subaru dressed in Saab clothing. It's a zippy car (maybe a bit too zippy) and lots of fun. Let's hope that the car seat in the back slows Mark down some. I don't think Uncle Paul being a State Trooper in NY is really going to help Mark out here in WI. I'm sure if you ask Mark, he'll be happy to share some pics of his lovely new car with you.

Anyway...we had a great time with Brendan and Monica. A day in Madison, complete with folk singing at the Kids in the Rotunda (a free kids concert/gathering every Saturday morning during the school year). A walk down State Street and even better yet milling around Chicago at Navy Pier. Hope we didn't bore them to tears. The plan was to take them to the Essen Haus while in Madison and treat them to a stein, but Mark and I were too tired and I think in bed that night by 10. WooHoo. You'll just need to come back out when we're getting more sleep and can sacrifice a few hours out at the bars!

1 comment:

Brendan H said...

I don't have the pictures yet. I think I left my pen drive in Mark's car and haven't gotten around to loading the Cannon software onto my computer yet. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.