Monday, January 7, 2008

BItter Sweet


Been away from the blogging world for a bit...holidays and busy with the move. I don't want to downplay all the great things that happened over the past few weeks, such as, a visit from Helen, Jake and Milo, Maeve and Milo going sledding, Christmas with Hannah, Sam, Anabelle and Silas and of course the new house. It was all great, but you'll just have to pick up with me from today.
I have been contemplating cutting Maeve's hair recently, it had been getting pretty unruly, especially after sleep. It was also starting to look like a mullet (you can check out Wikipedia's definition of that). As we sat in the bath last night, I mustered up the courage to give it a try. As I took the first snip, my heart jumped a bit at the realization that I have a child old enough to get a hair cut. Then my heart jumped again as she quickly turned around to see what I was doing and nearly caught the scissors in her face. In the end, there were these sweet curls, no blood and a cute girl with a short haircut!
Next post will have to be a photo of the girl with her new do. Who knows if it will really help control the rats nest that was happening in the back of her head. Either way, it's probably good for me to get these reminders that my baby is growing up.

1 comment:

Mimi Susan said...

I hope you saved a little lock of
hair!
I still have yours in your baby book - I will have to give it to
you sometime.
It is bittersweet - the hair will
grow back - just look at mine!

Love, Mimi Susan