Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring

SPRING was here today. I do not want to get too cocky and think I can put away the down jacket just yet. After all, the first official day of Spring is still about a week away.


Oh, how wonderful it was. I rushed home today to spend a bit of time out of doors. (Ok, Ok, the daylight savings thing has its perks.) Maeve and I took a walk around the block. The first time she has really walked around in our new digs. It's been so cold and icy that the thought of having her struggle with walking around was too much for either Mark or I to take. Her little feet have hit the pavement very little this past season.

On one of her first forays, she made it a point to step ankle deep in a puddle. The fact that the water was bitter cold did not seem to phase her one bit. She stomped her feet and splashed around. Next purchase, rain boots! I wish I had taken the camera out for that too, but alas, some moments are just meant to be experienced.


Remind you of anyone?


Ok, while I'll admit that most of the time Maeve looks just like Mark - the previous post makes my point. When I see her in this jacket, it reminds me of a picture of myself in a very similar jacket. The green jacket my Aunt Pat always speaks of.

Happy Spring everyone! Get outside, you could all use the vitamin D!

No comments: