Sunday, August 5, 2007

Accidents happen

Accidents do happen...this goes on record as the first major official parental screw up Mark and I have had. Unfortunately, it also goes on record as the first major injury Maeve has had. Notice I say first. My daughter does not seem to have a lot of extra fear hanging around, so I imagine I'll be putting my nursing to degree to work at home as much as I do at the clinic.

At dinner the other night, Mark had just finished frying up some fish and put mine on my plate. I was busy getting Maeve into her highchair so we could all sit down. That girl and her lightning fast moves grabbed a piece of the fish before I even saw it coming. Her little brain had not had to process something so painful until that moment so it was a delayed reaction for her to open her hand. By the time I got the fish out and we got her hand under water, she already had a blister forming.

She's OK. She has 3 small blisters on her right hand. After some TLC, and hour of crying and some ibuprofen she finally went to sleep. I thought she might be affected by it today, but it didn't seem to slow her down at all.

We all survived the event and like I said, I think this is the first of many to come.

No comments: