Sunday, August 26, 2007

My amazing baby

Let me tell you a story of my amazing baby...

Well folks, it's been a long week away from the blog. The week in Madison has been a dark, dreary and very rainy one. The shores of the Yahara River and lake Monona are swollen due to all the rain and the rich folk that live on lake Mendota...but I digress. I will say that I was pretty happy about being on the second floor where it was always nice and dry, humid, but dry.

It was a week of indoor activity. Mastering pulling up on the furniture, starting to think about climbing on the bookshelves (oh dear, help the parents) and general baby mayhem. The week ended well though. The sun finally came out on Saturday in time for the Orton Park Festival. To date, this is by-in-large my favorite festival in Madison. Good music, some interesting food, great people watching and last but certainly not least Cycropia Aerial Dance. Cycropia is a dance company that does most of their pieces hanging from some sort of trapeze. They set up their equipment from this grand old tree in the park. The dances are set to music and the tree is all lit up as they dance. There is something magical in my mind about it. And I'll admit that it speaks to the heart of this once-upon-a-time gymnast. They offer classes and I think maybe next year I'll try to sign up.

I selfishly had to see this performance, and seeings Maeve hasn't done so well with nighttime sitters, I decided I would make the sacrifice of possible sleep and wake her up to take with me. The performance started at 9:00pm and my little trooper happily woke up and got dragged along with me. She smiled as usual to anyone that would make eye contact. She even watched some of the performance. Not sure if she was genuinely interested or just darn tired. We made it home by 11:00pm and she went right to sleep. She then proceeded to sleep her 2-3 hours, waking to eat only, and we slept in until 9:00am! I was so proud (and thankful) to my girl. She has won herself an occasional ticket to other late night activities should they arises. We both felt well rested and proceeded to have another great day together.

That's the story of my amazing baby. Doesn't take much to impress this mama!

No comments: