Saturday, August 18, 2007

Blog worthy

Well it's has been a long week away from the blog. Maeve's grandparents, Beth and Evan, were here for the week and she was busy entertaining them.

Maeve went to the Henry Vilas Zoo and the Mt Horeb Mustard Museum this week. The zoo is a bit ahead of her just yet, but she didn't seem to mind all that much. Until we tried to get her to feed the goats. Not a concept she is familiar with yet, after all, she doesn't each much other than breastmilk herself. The biggest goat climbing the fence and trying to hog all the food did not sit well. Maeve didn't cry, but she didn't smile or laugh either. We'll have to try that one again.

As for the museum, you'll have to ask Mark or the grandparents for that tale. All I know is that she came home with a onsie that says "POUPON U". Mark thinks this is the funniest thing. I suppose some of us never grow out of our potty humor stage!

Hhhmm, what else is blog worthy this week. Aahh, yes, the night of possibilities. I call it this, because judging by the last 2 nights, this is not a trend yet, but a glimmer of what is possible. On Thursday night Maeve went to sleep at 7:15pm and didn't wake up until 3:15am. That is 8 hours for those of you trying to calculate. I thought I had died and gone to heaven, but first I thought she died. I was up at 1, 2 and then 3:15 to check to make sure she was still breathing. It was like the first time she did not cry in the carseat. I thought for sure she must have smothered herself. There was no way my child could have slept that many hours in a row without waking up. Too bad it couldn't have been more like the carseat experience. That was like a light switch that got flipped. We've never had a screaming car ride since. But as I said, the last 2 nights we haven't been so lucky. I did try to give her as much praise as possible, but that didn't seem to have much affect.

Well, it's raining here this weekend. Trying to fill our days with indoor activities. Makes me tremble at the idea of being stuck in this apartment this winter. We'll have to get Maeve a good down snowsuit so we don't go crazy indoors.

Off for now. Hope you are all well.

No comments: