Saturday, September 8, 2007

Meandering to Montreal

Today is the day that Jake, Helen and Milo left for Montreal.

This week, through our window we watched the truck arrive in the driveway, get packed over the next few days, and then leave to eventually meet up with the Vanderkinos on the other side of the border. Of course I knew what this all meant, Maeve on the other hand just looked at me like I was crazy and laughed a lot.

Today as I watched and waved to them as they drove away, it set in how much we will really miss them. "Without their loving kindness, I don't know what I'd do." (A line from a Greg Brown song that always brings them to mind.) It's a good thing the seasons are changing and we'll all naturally take a shift into the crisp, sweet weather of fall. I won't have to bemoan that my friends will not be biking with us to the Farmer's Market or sitting out on the front lawn eating yogurt and granola. We can move through the next 9 months, exploring in a different way. Spring will be here before we know it.

We wish them well and expect that Milo's blog will soon be up and running. Helen won't have any more crazy meetings about a little dam up north that no one is communicating about. I hope this will allow her the time to send us updates of Milo and his milestones.

Ciao my friends, until we see each other again. (Our passports will be arriving in approximately 10 weeks).

No comments: