Sunday, September 2, 2007

Things found in Maeve's diaper

Things found in Maeve's diaper. One would think the end of this statement would be so simple...#1 and #2 right. WRONG.

Let's see...

- We have found a piece of a paperback Tom Clancy novel - of which both Mark and I knew right away what the foreign object was. Apparently book covers don't get digested much.

- One of our more recent finds has been styrofoam. I picture the scene went down like this in Maeve's mind..."hhmmm, that looks interesting. What could it be? It feels funny, it makes a squeaky noise when I touch it. What does it taste like? Ohh...just like that rice cake Mama tried to feed me the other day. Stop chewing immediately, just swallow and it will go away."

- A black bean completely undigested. I bet the corn would have done this too except that I ground it up first. I hear Milo passed some corn though. It happens in babies too!

- Grass. A little fiber is how I look at it.

- I am happy to report, as is Grandma Beth I imagine, that I have never found any stones in her diaper. Grandma Beth was very concerned when she was here that Maeve was putting rocks to her mouth. I was pretty sure that none went into the gullet and down the hatch, but one ever really knows. Then again, the fact that I haven't seen it in her diaper could mean that those stones remain in her belly. I hear that folks in other cultures do this on purpose to aid with digestion, or was that sand?? No fear, Maeve ate some sand today.

The possiblities are endless really. It brings to mind my friend's dog. I'm sure Spanky thought he was getting the short end of the stick. That crazy dog ate socks, aluminum foil and various other things. I do think the funniest was when he ate some crayons. His poop was speckled with color. If a human has to pick it up, might as well make it interesting.

I imagine Maeve is trying to spice her parents life up in this same way. Diaper changes can get boring after all. 6-7 diaper changes a day, 7 days a week, etc.....

I leave you with that lovely thought.

No comments: