Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Swim lessons

Maeve and I went to her first swim lesson today. The goal of the class is not to actually teach her to swin, but to help her feel good in the water and to learn some basic swim skills and safety.

She already knows how to blow bubbles in the tub, although does not do it on command, so missed her chance today at swim lessons to impress everyone else. I do believe she is the youngest there and by far the smallest. All the other kids are walking and talking, but I think some of them are closer to 2 or even 3....so we're doing OK.

Not that I thought Maeve didn't like the water, just the opposite. I figured it would be a nice way to spend some time with my girl after working all day. Especially as the weather cools some. It will feel nice to get into a warm pool. Of course when you really stop to think why you smell so heavily of chlorine when you get out, it muddies the image of a nice swim (pun intended).

No comments: