Wednesday, September 19, 2007

She can blow bubbles

Mark and I have been showing Maeve how to blow bubbles all summer and she has put her face to the water many times. Today at swim class she actually put her face down and blew some bubbles. I was so darn excited that I think I threw her off. She didn't do it again after that, but I suspect we'll have lots of time to give it a try again.

She did do some kicking too. I don't think she really knew what she was doing, but there must be something slightly innate about it.

While Maeve has an outgoing personality, I think we did her right by exposing her to water since she was born. Most of the other kids are really tentative about the water or just plain do not like it. Maeve has still been squeeling with happiness and likes to be there. Hopefully we'll keep that going and have her swimming in no time!

Well off to sleep. Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

Grandma Beth said...

HOW ARE THE SWIM LESSONS GOIN?
See all those "raspberries" paid off.